Friday, July 8, 2011

Hired to serve those who are called to serve

I've been thinking about missionaries a lot today. Maybe it's because Fridays are the days I get most of the missionary letters/emails. Maybe it's because I see thousands of them every day. Here are my thoughts about right now.
* It's easy to tell who was ready to go and who was not. For example, today I saw my once-dear friend "Lars". He looked...miserable. Not that it's surprising, he wasn't doing things that were helping him go on a mission period. BUT he did go. Once he saw me his face changed to a slight smile. My supervisor was talking my ear off so I couldn't actually talk to him, but we had a strange telepathic connection for a second. I had this strange maternal sympathy for him. I hope things change, I hope he changes.
* And then there's Tanner. It's great that I get to talk to him via the mail system, email, and real life. I wish I could put him in my pocket forever. I will share some of his insights. He says in Japanese, they use the phrase "imashime o mamoru" for "keep the commandments", but it literally means to protect or defend the commandments. I feel a lot cooler when I use those words. He also shared a quote that I really like, "Never suppress the urge to do something nice for someone else."
* Missionaries are still people. Jackson still signs everything- #GetAtMe.
* I would hate the being at the MTC. Elder Jensen told me they always feel the Spirit because it's Spirit Prison. I believe it. Reilly loved it. I think he's weird.
*Although it's slightly distracting when I see someone I know every time I look up, I love seeing these guys on a regular basis. Miss em.





No comments:

Post a Comment