Thursday, January 16, 2014

Anniversary from Hell

Tonight commemorates the year anniversary of one of the worst nights of my life. Fortunately, I didn't realize that night was the catalyst that put me in-what I will remember for the rest of my life- as my semester in hell. Despite the horrible memories, I look back with profound gratitude for the people who helped me. Here are the people who served as a flotation device, thanks guys.

*Kamree, who listened to me sob my eyes out time after time
*Lauren, who let me stay at her house
*Larlee, for taking time out of studying- almost every time- to give me a pep talk
*Jordan, for being ridiculously encouraging and getting me out of my apt
*My bishop, for a beautiful blessing & real compassion, having had similar trials
*Chrissy, who let me stay at her house for weeks, listened to me almost every day, climbed a bajilion flights of stairs so we could deliver ads to apartment complexes to sell my contract, who was so compassionate and patient and non-judgmental. I'm pretty sure she even did my homework a time or two.
*Emma who wasn't freaking nuts like the others around us
*Paul, who played mediator time and time again, gave me updates, gave me advice, encouraged me to do better
*Elder Bednar, who gave the most powerful fireside on "not shrinking" when trials come
*Eric, who convinced me to let myself have fun once in a while, took me rock climbing & camping, invited me over every Wednesday night for our favorite TV show
*My professors, who were more compassionate, encouraging, and patient than I could have ever dreamed
*Tyler, who had the guts to finally be serious, look me in the eye, and say "Don't you ever say that again"
*Daren, I guess. Thanks for not being a douchebag whenever we ran into each other.
*Carmelle, who let me go to her house whenever I needed or wanted
*My other sisters who called me and chatted and made sure I was doing okay
*Casey, for hanging out and being a bff
*Steel, who was my only date of the semester that didn't make me want to sell my life to the nunnery
*The people on my club leadership committee-like Kirk- who asked if I was alright instead of saying, "Why aren't you doing more?"
*The most loving and compassionate Father in Heaven, who guided me every single day. I have never had such a time when I felt the most love and direction.

Wowza, I am blessed. These are the reasons I am alive. I know others have helped me, whom I failed to recognize at the time. One day I'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment