Sunday, April 20, 2014

Because of Him

Easter is my favorite holiday.  Today was my favorite Easter.

Leaving at 5:45am, my roommates & friends journeyed up to Squaw Peak to watch the sunrise. We laughed and laughed and laughed with a muffin in the left hand and a mason jar of apple juice in the right hand. The mountains are beautiful- there's no place I'd rather be.

The messages in church pierced my soul. I felt so strongly the power of the resurrection. I love the power of a rebirth, of change, of healing. I had such a renewed vigor to be a better person.



I took a nap outside in the beautiful weather with my roommates whom I love. The warm sunlight was almost as comforting as the peace of the Spirit.

I went to family dinner with my cousins. We laughed and joked. I felt so much love for my dear, sweet grandparents. I'm grateful I have them forever.

The sunset blazed purples and pinks throughout the sky while Rico, Rachel, and I played a made-up card game at the park. Draw Nine is surely one to play again. The rules are made up as you go. The day's over and I wish I could relive it. But not really, because Easter has to be kept as the most important day of the year.



Because of Him, I can be reunited with those who have passed on. I can repent. I can progress and become a better person. I can forgive. My broken heart can mend.


I love Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment