Saturday, May 16, 2015

I'm up all night to get lucky

You may have seen the Russian Police Choir sing "Get Lucky" to open the Olympics today. That was weird. I was reminded how much I love that song because
A) The song is freaking good
B) Daft Punk's album is the best we ever had
C) I played it all summer long and so now it reminds me of summer

Here you go, Daft Punk. Here's the 10 best nights of my favorite summer ever.

1. My first night in Santa Barbara. Coming out of the worst semester (see post: Anniversary from Hell), I wasn't too hopeful things would get better. But the first night I moved into my new apartment, a few guys were outside playing Four Square and convinced me to join. Remember that game? Hilarious. Even more hilarious when you add a "roadrunner" rule, where someone can run across making beautiful roadrunner noises to throw off the players. I felt so relieved after the first night. Win.

2. A few days later the same guys invited me to go disco roller skating and to In N Out. I hadn't laughed that hard in what seemed like forever.

3. That night I watched Psych with Caleb, Eric, and Canyon. Oh yeah, we were in LA. Oh yeah, we had just spent the day rock climbing at the beach and watching the sunset across Santa Monica Pier. By night, I was sunburned beyond reason (mah bad) and all of us were beyond exhausted. And beyond happy. 

4. Ben and I found out one of our favorite "bands" was coming to Utah. Turquoise Jeep, baby! These "thug rappers" are completely ridiculous and yet so catchy. Ben brought along his friend, Anne. It turned out that Anne and I were soul sisters and I love her dearly. We stopped at Chipotle and I was introduced to my favorite restaurant in Utah. Burritos for life. The concert was crazy. We were in the front row and I touched the sweaty sweaty sweaty arm of Flynt Flossy. We couldn't stop laughing. The rapper who opened for him was a little bonkers but gave the 3 of us a free CD since we were nice to him when everyone else was mean haha. Afterwards we got pictures with them and it was an excellent night. 

5. Ben and I were hanging out and decided to do SOMETHING WE WOULD NEVER DO. The problem was, everything we could think of, we had already done. But then I had a great idea. Something we would usually never do. We went to the fruity girl bar on Center Street- Sparks. Brady Parks and Sydney joined us for a couple of fake cocktails at the most unusual place in Provo. But the night just gets better from there. Afterwards, Ben, Caleb, and I decided to go take a dip in Utah Lake. The waves were excellent that night. I was worried that I was going to drown because body surfing kept pushing me underwater and I'd usually be out of air from laughing. Laughing is the best medicine? False. It kills. 

6. Empire of the Sun concert with Canyon, Dylan, and Dan. I've gone to many Twilight Concerts before, but this one was crazy. It wasn't a horrible crowd, most people were high (aka nice, not drunk and angry). EotS put on quite the show! Definitely the best concert I've been to. 

7. Sand Castle night. This was Ben's brilliant night. The gang went to our favorite spot at Utah Lake and built the biggggest sand castle. As Sam and Caleb loudly sang all the songs to The Prince of Egypt, we dug a mote around it. AND THEN. We filled it with gasoline. AND THEN. We lit it on FIRE. And then we did it again and again. One of the times, the gas tank lit on fire. Chris dropped it and everyone sprinted away from it screaming. Canyon stayed calm, walked over, clapped the fire out with his hands. No explosion, we were saved. At another point, we heard yelling behind us. Then ran Canyon and Caleb past us, um streaking. I guess they forgot the lake stays 2 feet deep for a few hundred yards- there was no escaping. Our party was eventually crashed by others. Ben thought it would be a good idea to go streaking for them. Let's just say things didn't go according to plan, and I thought I was going to pee my pants from laughing. 

8. Bryce & national parks & lunchables

9. Mona w sister wives

10. friend iverssary with canyon 24th of july

11. skinny dipping with boys

12. rsl game with boys 

13. san fran

14. hike timp

15. homeless period with dyl

16. talk w eric 

17. abandoned mine 

18. weiner provo 

No comments:

Post a Comment